Friday, October 16, 2009

Vice City


All I can say is wow- Grand Theft Auto Vice City sucks. Maybe it's because I enjoy cartoonish games like Super Mario, but in my opinion vice city is just boring! Not to mention extremely stereotypical and violent. I think it sort of scary I think it is boring because half of the time the violent things that happen in the game are terrible. I guess I have slowly become desensitized to violent images considering all we see in the media on a day to day basis.The whole game revolves around this one guy going around and beating on people. All the police officers are white and the majority of people I saw on the streets that the character was beating up were Hispanic or black. The only women i saw in the game were hookers, but it was nice to see them fight back when they got hit. In depicting Miami, it makes it out to be that there are only Cubans and Haitians here. Within the game they portray Cubans as drug dealers who wear thick chains, have accents and wear Hawaiian shirts. The game also portrays the Haitians as gang members or delinquents. The violence was intense in this game, with guns, knives and even grenades! When someone was injured blood splattered all over and I believe you got extra points for beating up on people. The only thing I can say that was a positive in this game was the fact that when the character did do something wrong-steal a car, kill or hurt someone- there were consequences and the cops would chase you and if they caught you would arrest you. Although the game is very stereotypical I'm glad to see some consequences for the persons actions. That is pretty much the only good thing i see in the game. Grand Theft Auto Vice City is defiantly not a game for me, nor do i think it is a good game for young children, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment