Thursday, October 29, 2009

Art Form For The Digital Age


Video Games are everywhere, in almost every home, on t-shirts, and even influencing film. But can video games be considered an art? And i dont mean the process of creating a video game i mean an actual video game. Most people will say no. I myself am on the cusp. I think my problem is that I know that it is just a game and in reality i want to disconnect from my reality and just play a game. I feel that the graphics and sometimes story lines of a game can be amazing. Is that enough to consider it art? I think art is suppose to make you think. Considering the fact that the whole idea of video games has really got me thinking..... i would have to say yes, video games can be considered art! A new modern form of art but art nonetheless. I think now this generation growing up has come up with video games, so in the future i think it is going to be accepted as a form of art. And people wont dismiss it as just a game. One thing I think that must be changed in video gaming is how well known it is. For example we go to film from a certain director and expect to see certain things. Once people start buying video games for a certain creator then i think i will slowly start to blow up, and to my understanding its already happening. Im glad that eventually, if people are educated enough art wont only be considered paintings or sculptures, that now it can be digital, fun, and entertaining. If anything if videogaming can lure more people into the art world and even introduce people into other art forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment