Monday, October 5, 2009

Fair Play:Race


In this section of Fair Play, It discuses Race. A lot of the things that I read in the article are things I already knew and am familiar with. And some things, I read it and thought "Oh yeah, thats true." For example, when I read over the fact that Native Americans were almost non existant in games as were latina women. I think those are things we are all aware of but kind of shrug off or don't really care about unless we are that group. In rainbow six las vegas there was only one woman you could chose as you player, and she was white. Although in one part of the game there was a woman you had to rescue and she in fact was Latina. Not once in the game did i see a native american or Asian for that matter. After reading this section of the article i Thought to myself, you know the only hispanics in games are either drug-dealers, sports players, or bad guys. African Americans are violent are the bad guys and have a short fuse-while 87% of whites are the hero. What kind of message are we sending to todays youth? Which made me think..... are young kids after playing certain games look to President Obama and automatically think "bad guy?"

Scary Thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment